Best Airsoft Pistols
Airsoft pistols are used by many different players for different reasons in different scenarios :-). For example, if you are a beginner, you might want to choose a gun that is cheaper or easier to handle. If you’ve been playing for a while, you might want to upgrade your airsoft gun (better handling, faster FPS, etc.). No matter your “why”, these are the best airsoft pistols money can buy right now:
tap to see full list of best airsoft pistols below
Expiring Gun Giveaways
Enter your email for instant access to all gun giveaways (updated )
Understanding Different Types of Airsoft Pistols
Like most other airsoft guns, airsoft pistols typically look like their real-world counterparts. Their original looks add to the fun of airsoft. However, every serious airsoft player needs to understand the different types of airsoft pistols available before buying if they want to make the right choice.
This section briefly reviews the different types of airsoft pistols under different classifications. A proper understanding of each type will help you buy one that best suits your airsoft game.
Types of Airsoft Pistols Based On Firing Modes
1. Full and Semi-Automatic Pistols
Otherwise known as the Automatic Electric Airsoft Pistols (AEP), this gun shoots for as long as you hold the trigger down. Full automation allows the contact to continually engage with the pistol’s motor for the length of time that a player holds down the trigger.
On the other hand, semi-automatic pistols are designed to shoot one BB per trigger push. Pistols in this category would be powered by gas or electricity.
2. Single and Double Action Pistols
Single action pistols feature a unique hammer that drops after each shot. This means that players will need to cock the hammer again to get it ready for another shot.
Double action pistols work entirely differently from the above. Here, just one cock of the hammer would keep the gun active until you stop pulling the trigger.
3. Blowback and Non-Blowback Pistols
Blowback pistols are fitted with a mechanism that allows for instant recoil after each shot. Non-blowbacks require a manual recoil to get them ready for another shot. The non-blowback pistol features less complexity than the blowbacks, but that doesn’t make it less effective.
Types of Airsoft Pistols Based On Mechanisms
Airsoft Pistols are also generally classified by their power mechanism. The most popular types of gun based on this classification include:
1. Electric Spring Powered Airsoft Pistols
This type of pistol uses electricity as its primary source of power. It needs batteries to work. The batteries power an inbuilt motor which provides turns for the gear to power the gun’s action.
2. Manual Action Spring Airsoft Pistols
As the name denotes, this type of pistol can be operated manually. It features a spring compression propulsion system. With this mechanism, you’ll need to draw the spring into compression by yourself for it to work. A significant benefit of this type of gun is your control over the amount of tension that will store in it.
The tension is released to push the piston forward and create compression to propel the BBs.
3. Gas-Powered Airsoft Pistols
Gas-powered airsoft pistols feature a similar working mechanism to paintball pistols. They typically have small storage tanks attached to them. These storage tanks contain pressurized gas that propels the BB down the barrel every time its valve is opened. The gas can either be Co2, propane, or green gas, depending on each pistol’s unique design.
Best Airsoft Pistols 2023
1. Elite Force 1911 Blowback Pistol
This pistol features custom colors which generally stand it out from the sea of 1911s present in the market. Although designed for mid-to top-level gamers, beginners will still enjoy the experience that comes with handling this gun.
The 1911 Blowback pistol is powered by CO2, although you’ll need to buy that separately. It comes with a free all-metal mag and 14 rounds of BBs. The gun shoots these rounds at a velocity of 345 fps. Its adjustable hop-up allows it to maintain the top-level accuracy needed for actual games.
It’s also worth mentioning that the pistol’s barrel features a 14mm threaded tip that can work as an excellent mock suppressor, especially during training.
- It features a good level of shooting accuracy.
- The featured velocity is just about the maximum requirement for most battlefields.
- It features a rugged design that facilitates longevity.
- The gun doesn’t come with a laser
- Its CO2 has to be purchased separately
- It would hardly stay in place when you are on the run.
- Features an ultra-realistic slide action blowback that’s both realistic and easy to shoot.
- An excellent option for armed force training, target shooting, and airsoft play.
- It features all-metal construction that makes it look more realistic.
2. Sig Sauer, ProForce M17, SIG AIR Airsoft Pistol
On its physical attributes, this pistol features a metal slide and polymer frame that’s designed for full blowback action. Your purchase comes with a proprietary drop magazine that can hold up to 22 rounds of 6mm biodegradable BBs.
The ProForce M17 also features an adjustable hop-up designed to bring spin to the BBs for additional stabilization during flights. It’s a beautiful gun, so if you fancy style, this would be a cool option for you.
- It feels very comfortable.
- Being an official training version of a real weapon makes it as realistic as it feels.
- Works with CO2 and green gas
- It features a rail mount where you can mount a flashlight or laser.
- The CO2 runs out quite easily
- Its replacement mags are quite expensive
- Some users complain that the clip slides out of place.
- It features an optic ready slide with a removable reflex sight plate
- Its professionalism makes it great for military training, target shooting, and airsoft battles
- It is not too weighty, so users can run around without feeling uncomfortable.
3. 500 fps new 1911 gas co2 pistol
This is a cool option to turn to when you want to get serious with your airsoft game. It’s a non-blowback airsoft pistol, but it still features an impressively realistic feel that makes it great for several things.
It is stylish, heavy, and easy to maintain so that beginners can use it to master their airsoft game.
The gun is mostly full metal, although it features high-quality plastic grips to make handling more comfortable. Like most other options in this list, the 500 Fps utilizes a CO2 feed to deliver significant firing performance. Investing in this pistol also gives you access to more substantial firepower than most other options in its class.
While reviewing this gun, we found that most users are impressed with the realistic aesthetics and authentic handling that this gun features. It comes with a durable body that makes for a long-lasting shooting experience. Its carrying weight is also significantly close to that of conventional pistols, so you can use it to learn real gun handling.
Perhaps, the most notable feature of this gun is its ability to allow for semi-automatic firing. The manufacturers included a functional hammer to give users a more realistic firing experience. Its additional rail system and the adjustable rear sight make customization easier and better.
- Beyond looks, this gun features a realistic working process.
- Its plastic grip makes handling easier and comfortable
- It can be customized to suit your personal desires
- Does well in durability
- It packs a punch, but not very accurate
- Its mag is not as smooth as advertised
- It’s not a blowback option.
- It features an adjustable hop-up to help learners learn to target.
- It is CO2-powered.
4. GLOCK 19 Gen3 6mm BB Pistol
Whether you are getting ready for your first adventure on an airsoft field, training in your garage, or simply want to add a Glock to your collection, this Glock 19 Gen 3 pistol offers you more for your bucks.
This replica gun has the look of the Glock 17, although relatively smaller. The side element and grip are generally shorter than that of the G17. A feature that allows for an easier and more comfortable grip.
Users also find the small design fascinating because it makes holstering and carriage easier, especially if you want to have additional weapons in your arsenal.
Apart from the overall look, this gun also features some exciting functionalities. For instance, it comes with a metal slide that allows for better gun stability during shots. It is a non-blowback pistol that shoots 6mm BBs at 350fps.
It’s worth mentioning that this gun features a durable aluminum alloy slide and an injection-molded polymer frame that allows for excellent reliability. Although typically considered stiff in the spring, the magazine still comes with 23 rounds of ammunition, enough to last you through stages of an airsoft battle.
The most prominent feature of this gun for most people is its resemblance to the original. Users can rest assured that they’ll get the original feel of handling this gun.
- Fully compatible with existing Glock holsters
- Works for accurate targeting
- Relatively cheap in comparison to other options in its category.
- The trigger doesn’t look like the real Glock
- The pistol doesn’t come with any additional green gas
- Users often find the stiffness of the magazine spring to hinder easy operation.
- It is a compact version of the G17, with a relatively shorter handle and more ergonomic construction.
- Great for use as a training tool, for target shooting, and airsoft play.
- It is powered by a 12-gram CO2 cartridge.
5. GameFace GFAP13 AEG Electric Pistol
Not many electric airsoft pistols can maintain the degree of functionality that this one does. It features both an electric and battery-powered gearbox.
Straight from the box, you’ll get a charger and battery included with the pistol. It also comes with a 30-round magazine, just enough for a mini airsoft battle.
It would be very difficult to overlook the power that this gun features. First off, you can fire 6mm BBs at 250 FPS, which is pretty impressive. Its accuracy level makes it great for experts and beginners. One of the biggest standout features of the GameFace AEG airsoft pistol is the realism it brings. It weighs 1.5 Lbs and comes with a fascinating balance. Although designed with plastic, the gun’s body still feels good on the hand.
We found its weight to be just perfect for an on-field adventure. The battery that it comes with will last up to 3 hours of intense airsoft battle before needing a recharge.
- It features a good level of balance that facilitates accuracy
- It features a durability level that allows for use in mud fields
- Its structure allows for easier usage
- Relatively lightweight.
- Quite expensive
- Not the best battery life
- May compromise the safety of shooters.
- A metal barrel makes for a more original look
- Its unique design stands it out from most other options.
- An excellent replica of the original gun.